Monday, September 14, 2015

Ephemeral Landscape Sculptures

Ephemeral Landscape Sculpture (1)








This sculpture was a result of pure experimentation with found materials and how I could position them in a completely open space (The beach). I chose the steps to give myself a confined space.

(2)







Experiment #2 was inspired by the first trial. Some of the same items were used but more were found so that a theme could be created. 

(3)






When I found this second location for my next ephemeral sculpture, I spotted a large branch sitting a ways away from where I stood. Immediately I thought to remove the dead leaves and place them around the branch in an organized way. The wind was not agreeing with my idea whatsoever and the leaves kept moving. This resulted in a chaotic, yet calming composition.

(4) The Ultimate Experiment
A description prior to the images is necessary: I found a piece of fishing line and tied it securely to a not-so-secure dock as well as the column that jetted into the water and held it secure. I allowed the fishing line to sit over night.
I checked it the next day and found this.




 



No comments:

Post a Comment