Thursday, December 10, 2015

Drawing on Objects

The drawing on objects assignment posed many problems for me at first until I realized what my true skills were. I wasn't able to construct lungs from balloons but I was able to construct animals which I have done for many years. It is a hobby of mine to create balloon animals.
I extended my skills by extending the life of my balloon animals. I wanted to portray myself as being held down by the memories of my childhood as adulthood comes knocking at my door. Being 21 and a college graduate evokes fear as well as excitement. I am beyond enthralled to begin my adult life and find out who I truly am but there is a constant reminder of the childhood that I never was able to had. I was forced to grow up early because of the mistake my older brother made before me and I wanted to ensure that my parents had a child to be proud of. 
This image directly reflects the hardship I am currently facing. As scared as I am to enter the adult world, I realize that I have been here for years. I choose to grip so tightly on my childhood to the extent that it holds me down which is represented in the metallic spray painted balloon animals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment